[cairo] win32 build

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Jun 25 08:34:07 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 09:47 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> If we we wanted to do automated test, what I'd suggest is writing
> a small set of RGB24-surface tests targeted specifically at the
> accelerated code paths at the win32 backend: if you avoided text
> rendering you could compare such tests across multiple backends.
> (Mostly: no guarantee of last-bit accuracy for alpha-blending)

I suggest that we could automate regression testing and at least
ensure that things get 'no worse' than the previous release by
simply doing image compares much like we now do with the SVG tests.

A single initial visual inspection followed by image comparisons in
future releases will narrow portions needing manual intervention to
areas of change, instead of the whole suite.

-keith