[cairo] win32 build

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Jun 25 09:12:06 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 08:34 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 09:47 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > If we we wanted to do automated test, what I'd suggest is writing
> > a small set of RGB24-surface tests targeted specifically at the
> > accelerated code paths at the win32 backend: if you avoided text
> > rendering you could compare such tests across multiple backends.
> > (Mostly: no guarantee of last-bit accuracy for alpha-blending)
>
> I suggest that we could automate regression testing and at least
> ensure that things get 'no worse' than the previous release by
> simply doing image compares much like we now do with the SVG tests.
>
> A single initial visual inspection followed by image comparisons in
> future releases will narrow portions needing manual intervention to
> areas of change, instead of the whole suite.

I'm not sure exactly what you are suggesting here ... we are currently
doing image-based comparisons for regression testing, but with the
caveat that we are using a single set of reference images across all
backends.

I'm not really sure we want backend-specific reference images for
the full set of tests we have now. That's a lot of images.

And certainly for glitz, and potentially for Win32 as well, we may
not get exact-bit matches with the *same* image across machines.

Regards,
						Owen