[cairo] libXext missing?

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Nov 14 21:52:47 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 21:37 -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2006, at 16:49, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > AFAIK cairo doesn't directly use those symbols, and on my Linux
> > machine
> > it doesn't even seem to require that library at all.  So, it's
> > probably
> > some other library's (xrender's?) misconfiguration.  What's the output
> > of 'pkg-config --libs xrender'?
>
> Well, pkg-config is not part of Mac OS X (as of 10.4.8).
>
> $ pkg-config --libs xrender
> -bash: pkg-config: command not found
>
> These seem to be the only .pc files on a Mac OS X system. No xrender.pc.

Oh!  Didn't know cairo can be compiled without pkg-config on some
systems.  I made it err at configure time if pkg-conif gis not
available.  Is it too much to expect pkg-config?  In this case though it
doesn't seem to solve the problem since you don't have a xrender.pc
file.  If pkg-config xrender fails, cairo falls back to using -lxrender
to link to xrender, which seems not enough in your case.

behdad

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/