[cairo] Holiday cleanup

Sasha Kovar sasha-cairo at arcocene.org
Thu Dec 27 20:12:51 PST 2007

.-- Behdad Esfahbod:
| That's all for now.  What are some issues you want to fix for 1.6?

Hi.  I'd like to resurrect an old thread [1] on the default units used when
writing SVGs.

In my work, i read in SVGs via librsvg, and write them out again using
cairo's svg surface.  With the current behavior of the svg tag specifying
the units in points, the output files render at a different size than the
originals I read in, which seems counterintuitive, and is a problem for me.

While the correct solution may be as Emmanuel Pacaud describes, allowing the
user to specify the units used, a simpler solution that at least respects
the default svg unit of pixels would be a welcome stopgap.

I've been using a version of this patch against 1.4.2 (Ubuntu feisty's
version) for months, and for my use it has worked well.  The attached patch
is against the 1.5.4 snapshot.

I welcome any comments, corrections to my understanding of the situation, or
even application of the patch :)

Thanks much,
Sasha

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2006-May/006833.html