[cairo] ./configure failing on $PKG_CONFIG --exists $l

Todd Wade trwww at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 4 11:51:21 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm on CentOS 4.

when running ./configure I'm getting the following error:

checking for cairo's PNG backend...
./configure: line 24790: --exists: command not found
./configure: line 24790: --exists: command not found
./configure: line 24790: --exists: command not found
configure: WARNING: Could not find libpng in the pkg-config search path
checking whether cairo's PNG backend could be enabled... no
configure: error: requested PNG backend could not be enabled

I tried to run configure as follows, but I get the same error:

./configure png_CFLAGS=`libpng-config --cflags` png_LIBS=`libpng-config --libs`

Running each of the args seperately gives:

[root at www cairo-1.2.6]# libpng-config --cflags
-I/usr/include/libpng12
[root at www cairo-1.2.6]# libpng-config --libs
-lpng12

Will someone please suggest the magic encantation needed to get configure to suceed for cairo?

Thank you for your time!

Todd W.