[cairo] Looking for cairo 1.6 release-notes material

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 9 13:46:24 PDT 2008

Hello all,

As I just described in a previous message, I think the code for cairo
1.6 is officially done.

I want to write up some good notes describing the major new features
in 1.6 compared to 1.4. Obviously, I'll crib heaviliy from the
writeups I've done during the 1.5.x snapshots. And much of that I
cribbed from commit messages.

So there are multiple chances there for me to screw up, and not tell
the whole story or not tell it well. So if you've put some great work
into some feature and want to make sure I don't forget it in the
release notes, or want to make sure I don't totally botch my
explanation of the feature, (I'm thinking win32-printing might be one
I can't describe well alone), then please let me know.

Specifically, please respond with any text you would like to appear in
the cairo 1.6 release notes. Otherwise you're stuck with what I can
come up with on my own.

Thanks,