[cairo] 1.10 timeline and beyond

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Sun Jun 13 01:05:46 PDT 2010

Hi Tim,

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Tim Teulings wrote:

> What about the effect I had recently found in 1.9.6 regarding reacting to
> InvalidateRect triggered WM_PAINT events under Windows. It seems like cairo
> 1.9.x is behaving differently as 1.8.x, possibly handling clipping region
> wrong in this case?

A *lot* has happened with the clipping code since 1.8, so this could
very well be.

> This may be a critical bug in 1.9.x under Windows and should be
> fixed if it is! I can offer more details on request.

Sounds bad!  Could you open a bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org
against cairo 1.9.6 and attach a minimal standalone test case which
reproduces your problem?  It's far too easy to miss bug reports on the
mailing list or assume they've been dealt with by the reporter if
things go quiet.

> I have to admit that I was a little bit suprised to get no answer
> from one of the maintainers :-/ Is there no windows mainter, is
> (s)he in holiday?

I'm afraid there's no windows maintainer, so your testing and feedback
is all the more appreciated!  Keep rattling those bells, please. :)

Cheers,

Joonas