[cairo] create_cairo_context resulting in segmentation fault (Windows, GCC, Code::Blocks)

Paul Kertscher paul.kertscher at gmx.de
Mon Jul 16 09:19:20 PDT 2012

Hi @all,

As you might've read in my preceding post, I am currently trying to learn using Gtkmm with Cairomm. I followed several examples saying, that I had to create a cairo context in the on_exposed_event of a DrawingArea. Unfortunately, when I'm trying to call window->create_cairo_context() I end up with an segmentation fault.

I am running windows 7 64bit, on a core i7. I'm writing my code in Code::Blocks and compiling with the gcc shipped with C::B. For I was not able to use cairomm out of the Gtkmm box with GCC, I compiled it by myself with MinGW.

Hopefully this information is sufficient for anyone to give me some hints, on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Paul K