[cairo] Getting SIGSEGV in pixman

Hakki Dogusan dogusanh at tr.net
Mon May 28 00:02:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

20-05-2012 12:15 tarihinde, Hakki Dogusan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 19-05-2012 14:16 tarihinde, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> On Sat, 19 May 2012 13:46:37 +0300, Hakki Dogusan<dogusanh at tr.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> (WinXP, MinGW (gcc-4.6.2), Cairo-1.12.2, Pixman-0.25.2)
>>>
>>> My program runs successfully with Cairo-1.10.2, but getting SIGSEGV with
>>> 1.12.2.
>>
>> Is there any chance you can produce a small bit of code to reproduce the
>> error? The on-stack values are within reason, so we need to dig further
>> into the structures to find where the error occurs. A "bt full" would be
>> a first step, followed by a p *surface on all the images and surfaces at
>> various frames.
>> -Chris
>>

> (Thanks for responding)
>
> I prepared a minimal win32 sample using my compilation of Cairo-1.12.2;
> uploaded here:
>
> http://www.dynaset.org/dogusanh/download/cairotest.zip (1.8MiB)
>
> I've put Code::Blocks project files, configuration files of Cairo and
> pixman in it.
>
> When you resize the frame, program gets SIGSEGV.
>
> PS. To compile 1.12.2 I've added HAVE_UINT64_T compile flag to project;
> otherwise getting compile error in cairo-wideint-private.h around line
> 58. There uint64_t used in #if !HAVE UINT64_T block. If one changes them
> to cairo_uint64_t than compilation stops at cairo-time.c around line
> 113; "return t.QuadPart;".
>

> --
> Regards,
> Hakki Dogusan

I've re-tested with Pixman-0.26.0, but unfortunately my program still
crashes with Cairo-1.12.2, works with Cairo-1.10.2! Test program follows:

#include <windows.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <cairo.h>
//#if CAIRO_HAS_XLIB_SURFACE
//    #include <X11/Xlib.h>
//    #include <gtk/gtk.h>
//    #include <gdk/gdk.h>
//#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_SVG_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-svg.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_PDF_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-pdf.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_PS_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-ps.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_XCB_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-xcb.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_XLIB_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-xlib.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_WIN32_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-win32.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_BEOS_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-beos.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_DIRECTFB_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-directfb.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_OS2_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-os2.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_GLITZ_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-glitz.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_QUARTZ_SURFACE
     #include <cairo-quartz.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_ATSUI_FONT
     #include <cairo-atsui.h>
#endif
#if CAIRO_HAS_FT_FONT
     #include <cairo-ft.h>
#endif

/*  Declare Windows procedure  */
LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProcedure (HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM);

/*  Make the class name into a global variable  */
const wchar_t* szClassName = L"CairoTest";

int WINAPI WinMain (HINSTANCE hThisInstance,
                      HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                      LPSTR lpszArgument,
                      int nCmdShow)
{
     HWND hwnd;               /* This is the handle for our window */
     MSG messages;            /* Here messages to the application are
saved */
     WNDCLASSEX wincl;        /* Data structure for the windowclass */

     /* The Window structure */
     wincl.hInstance = hThisInstance;
     wincl.lpszClassName = szClassName;
     wincl.lpfnWndProc = WindowProcedure;      /* This function is
called by windows */
     wincl.style = CS_DBLCLKS;                 /* Catch double-clicks */
     wincl.cbSize = sizeof (WNDCLASSEX);

     /* Use default icon and mouse-pointer */
     wincl.hIcon = LoadIcon (NULL, IDI_APPLICATION);
     wincl.hIconSm = LoadIcon (NULL, IDI_APPLICATION);
     wincl.hCursor = LoadCursor (NULL, IDC_ARROW);
     wincl.lpszMenuName = NULL;                 /* No menu */
     wincl.cbClsExtra = 0;                      /* No extra bytes after
the window class */
     wincl.cbWndExtra = 0;                      /* structure or the
window instance */
     /* Use Windows's default colour as the background of the window */
     wincl.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH) COLOR_BACKGROUND;

     /* Register the window class, and if it fails quit the program */
     if (!RegisterClassEx (&wincl))
         return 0;

     /* The class is registered, let's create the program*/
     hwnd = CreateWindowEx (
            0,                   /* Extended possibilites for variation */
            szClassName,         /* Classname */
            L"CairoTest",        /* Title Text */
            WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, /* default window */
            CW_USEDEFAULT,       /* Windows decides the position */
            CW_USEDEFAULT,       /* where the window ends up on the
screen */
            544,                 /* The programs width */
            375,                 /* and height in pixels */
            HWND_DESKTOP,        /* The window is a child-window to
desktop */
            NULL,                /* No menu */
            hThisInstance,       /* Program Instance handler */
            NULL                 /* No Window Creation data */
            );

     /* Make the window visible on the screen */
     ShowWindow (hwnd, nCmdShow);

     /* Run the message loop. It will run until GetMessage() returns 0 */
     while (GetMessage (&messages, NULL, 0, 0))
     {
         /* Translate virtual-key messages into character messages */
         TranslateMessage(&messages);
         /* Send message to WindowProcedure */
         DispatchMessage(&messages);
     }

     /* The program return-value is 0 - The value that PostQuitMessage()
gave */
     return messages.wParam;
}

static void
snap_point (cairo_t *cr, double *x, double *y, bool
odd_integer_line_width = true)
{
     cairo_user_to_device (cr, x, y);
     if (odd_integer_line_width)
     {
         // round to nearest half integer
         *x = round (*x) + .5;
         *y = round (*y) + .5;
     }
     else
     {
         // round to nearest integer
         *x = round (*x);
         *y = round (*y);
     }
     cairo_device_to_user (cr, x, y);
}

static double
snapx(cairo_t* cr, double ax)
{
     double x = ax;
     double y = 0;
     snap_point(cr, &x, &y);
     return x;
}

static double
snapy(cairo_t* cr, double ay)
{
     double x = 0;
     double y = ay;
     snap_point(cr, &x, &y);
     return y;
}

static void
draw_grid_lines(cairo_t* cr, int maxx, int maxy, int step, double linewidth)
{
     for (int x = 0; x < maxx; x += step)
     {
         cairo_move_to (cr, snapx(cr,x), snapy(cr,0));
         cairo_line_to (cr, snapx(cr,x), snapy(cr,maxy));
         cairo_close_path(cr);
     }

     for (int y = 0; y < maxy; y += step)
     {
         cairo_move_to (cr, snapx(cr,0),    snapy(cr,y));
         cairo_line_to (cr, snapx(cr,maxx), snapy(cr,y));
         cairo_close_path(cr);
     }

   //cairo_set_source_rgb(cr, 0.84, 0.84, 0.84); //paper color: Dim Grey
     cairo_set_source_rgb(cr, 0.64, 0.64, 0.64); //?
     cairo_save(cr);
     {
         cairo_identity_matrix (cr);
         cairo_set_line_width (cr, linewidth);
         cairo_stroke (cr);
     }
     cairo_restore(cr);
}

static void
draw_grid(cairo_t* cr, int pw, int ph, int zoom)
{
     cairo_save(cr);
     {
         // line positions in mm
         if (0 < zoom && zoom <= 100)
         {
             draw_grid_lines(cr, pw, ph, 1000, .2);
         }
         else if (100 < zoom && zoom <= 250)
         {
             draw_grid_lines(cr, pw, ph, 1000, .2);
         }
         else if (250 < zoom)
         {
             draw_grid_lines(cr, pw, ph,  500, .2);
             draw_grid_lines(cr, pw, ph, 1000, .4);
         }
     }
     cairo_restore(cr);
}

static void
draw_paper(cairo_t* cr, double sf, int pw, int ph)
{
     double shadow = 3.0 / sf;

     cairo_save(cr);
     {
         cairo_rectangle (cr, shadow, shadow, pw, ph);
         cairo_set_source_rgb(cr, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
         cairo_fill(cr);
         cairo_rectangle (cr, 0, 0, pw, ph);
         cairo_set_source_rgb(cr, 0.84, 0.84, 0.84); //Dim Grey
         cairo_fill(cr);

     }
     cairo_restore(cr);
}

PAINTSTRUCT  ps;
HDC          hdc;

void dopainting(HDC hdc)
{
     cairo_t *cr = cairo_create(cairo_win32_surface_create( hdc ));
     // dark gray background
     cairo_set_source_rgb(cr, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5);
     cairo_paint(cr);

         draw_paper(cr, 1.0, 500, 500);
         draw_grid(cr, 500, 500, 100);

     cairo_destroy(cr);
}

/*  This function is called by the Windows function DispatchMessage()  */

LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProcedure (HWND hwnd, UINT message, WPARAM
wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{
     switch (message)                  /* handle the messages */
     {
         case WM_DESTROY:
             PostQuitMessage (0);       /* send a WM_QUIT to the message
queue */
             break;
         case WM_PAINT:
             hdc = BeginPaint(hwnd, &ps);
             dopainting(hdc);
             EndPaint(hwnd, &ps);
             ValidateRect(hwnd, NULL);
             break;
         default:                      /* for messages that we don't
deal with */
             return DefWindowProc (hwnd, message, wParam, lParam);
     }

     return 0;
}

--